All scheduled games are final. Once the schedule is released there
are no requests for game changes.
COACHES and/or their REPRESENTATIVES are RESPONSIBLE for:
- providing their OWN athletic trainer and equipment as specified in contract.
- ensuring each player has the appropriate school medical release form at game sites.
- checking your team’s schedule and the list of the FIELDS (directions). It is possible you may be playing at more than one venue.
- checking “Website” for the results, scheduling, and locations for the tournament leading up to and through tournament dates (in case of schedule changes).
- providing accurate contact information to the tournament (in case of rainout situations).
- reviewing all information and rules CAREFULLY prior to participating.
- arriving at the designated field at least 45 minutes before the scheduled start time of the match.
- verifying official match results as documented by the Referees on Match Reports administered by Field Marshals.
- the conduct of their players and spectators on their sidelines and at the games.
- understanding that their team(s) will lose one point for each ejected player(s) or coach(es).
- realizing that the referees are CIF appointed and not controlled by the tournament committee.
GOVERNING RULES: Matches will be played by CIF rules.
No Protests: All games will be considered final and no protests will be allowed.
All Varsity teams will play 4 games
All JV and Frosh/Soph teams are guaranteed 3 games.
Duration of Group Play and Group Consolation Matches (no overtime or penalty shots): Half time shall be 5 minutes for all flights and their groups, length of match play as follows:
Varsity 70 minutes
Jr. Varsity 60 minutes
Frosh/Soph 60 minutes
Quarter-Finals and Semi-Final Matches (no overtime, straight to penalty kicks for advancement): Half time shall be 5 minutes for all flights and their groups, length of match play as follows:
Varsity 70 minutes
Jr. Varsity 60 minutes
Frosh/Soph 60 minutes
Duration of Championship Matches (no overtime, straight to penalty shots for a winner): Half time shall be 5 minutes for all flights and their groups, length of match play as follows:
Varsity 80 minutes
Jr. Varsity 70 minutes
Frosh/Soph 70 minutes
Home Team Identification:
The first team listed on the schedule shall be deemed the home team. Home team shall have choice of sideline and supply the game ball(s). Home team will wear dark color uniform and away team will wear light color uniform. In the event of a color conflict, home team must change jerseys.
Note: Teams must be on opposite sides of the playing field.
SCORING (11 point system):
Teams shall be awarded points for Pool Play matches as follows:
Win 6 points
Draw 3 points
Loss 0 points
Shutout Win 2 points
Shutout Tie 0-0 1 point additional (a 0-0 tie would be 3 points plus the 1 additional for
Goals Scored 1 point for each goal, max 3 points (whether a team wins, loses, or ties)
*Frosh/Soph bracket only will allow 1 point for each goal up to 6 for a max of 6 points.
Forfeit 9 points (score as 1-0: 6 pts. for win, 2 pts. for shutout win, and 1 point
Red Cards -1 point (minus 1 point for each player or coach ejected on that team)
Double-Yellow -1 point (minus 1 point for each player or coach ejected on that team)
3 to 0 win: 6 points for win, 2 points shutout win, 3 points goals for scored = awarded 11 points
0 to 0 tie: 3 points draw, 1 point shutout 0-0 = awarded 4 points
Advancement to elimination and/or group quarter and semi-final games shall be determined by points earned and tie breaker(s) during Pool Play matches. Official match results shall be documented by the Referees on Match Reports administered by Field Marshals.
Varsity Bracket: There will be 3 playoff divisions after pool play. Teams that finish first in their pool will advance to the Presidents Semi-Final. Teams that finish second in pool play will advance to the Governors Semi-Final. Teams that finish third in pool play will advance to the Mayors Semi-Final.
JV Bracket: Top team from each POOL will advance to the championship game.
Frosh/Soph Bracket: Top team from each POOL will advance to the championship game.
Pool Play Tie Breakers: In the event that two or more teams are tied in points at the end of the Group Play, the following tie breakers shall be applied in order given until a winner is determined:
- Winner of head to head competition
- Net goals (goals scored minus goals against – NO MAX)
- Goals against
- Goals scored (NO MAX)
- Total wins
- Shutout wins
- Red cards against
- Yellow cards against
- Coin Toss
Tie Breaker Semi-Final & Championship Matches:
If a game is tied at the end of regulation time, the teams shall go directly to penalty kicks.
Red Card and Double-Yellow Card Ejections:
Player or coach receiving a Red Card or double Yellow Cards is disqualified for the remainder of the match and the next match. There shall be no appeals. A point will be deducted for an ejection of player and or coach, see SCORING. A team may receive negative points in scoring. Coaches shall be responsible for the conduct of their players and spectators on their sidelines.
- CIF Substitution shall be unlimited (in kicks from the mark any player on the team’s roster can
participate, they do not have to be on the field at the end of play.
- Substitution shall be made at midfield at the halfway line. The substitute player shall not enter the
field of play until allowed by the referee and the player substituted has left the field of play.
Player Safety & Equipment: Follow CIF Rules and judgment of the officials.
Inclement Weather: In the event of inclement weather, which the Tournament Committee deems as being unsafe conditions for the players and/or the fields and competition cannot continue, matches:
- at the half time or are in the second half will have the score stand and game considered complete.
- that are in the first half will be deemed not to have played.
- may be shortened, kicks from the penalty mark or other as determined by the Tournament
- as stated in CONTRACT once the tournament begins there will be no refunds for games cancelled due to weather.
Sportsmanship and Standard of Play:
- All players and coaches will be expected to demonstrate the highest standard of sportsmanship throughout the tournament.
- Any player given a red card, or any coach ejected from a game will not be permitted to participate in the remainder of the game in progress, and will not be able to participate in at least the teams next scheduled game, and may not be present at the game (forfeiture).
- All coaches are responsible for the conduct of their players, parents, and friends while the team is at the tournament both off the field as well as on the field.
- No alcoholic beverages or tobacco shall be permitted in the immediate vicinity of the playing site. No person shall be permitted to appear on, or in the vicinity of, the playing site in an intoxicated condition. Breaking the law is under the jurisdiction of the local Police Department, not the Tournament Committee.